At “Creekbread”, the food is sacred. We use local and organic ingredients whenever possible, and we only use fire to cook. Our open kitchen and hand-made clay oven are visible for everyone to see, so in this way the experience, from preparation to plate, is reminiscent of the way in which our ancestors ate. It is an expression of love.
We strive to create an atmosphere that renews the spirit of everyone adult and child that walks through our doors. From local art adorning the walls, to menu covers drawn by young patrons we have crafted our restaurant with the same care we pay the food.
Whenever possible we use local and organic ingredients and prepare our foods from scratch. For instance, our pizza dough is made using organic flour, kosher salt and real cake yeast. While pizza sauce is readily available in a can, we use organic tomatoes and a dozen other natural and organic ingredients to make our tomato sauce, finishing it off in a wood fired cauldron. From free-range chicken to nitrate-free pepperoni and sausage made on the premises, we are committed to creating Creekbreads with the very best ingredients that we can imagine.
To accomplish this, we select our ingredients from suppliers and growers who share our commitment to sustainable agriculture and farm practices. Much thanks goes to:
- North arm Farms(Pemberton)- organic raspberries for our vinaigrette, organic potatoes and lots of specials items(beets, kale, squash to name a few)
- Shaw Creek Farms (Pemberton) – Organic Carrots
- Maple Sugar Shack- Peter Demers- Maple syrup
- Namasthe tea company(whistler)- Bulk tea for iced tea, tea bags
- Anita’s organics- Flour
- Happy Days Farm- Goat Cheese
- Little Qualicum- Blue Cheese
- BC cattle Co.- Ground beef
- Paradise Valley – Free Range Pork
- Fraser Valley- Free Range Chicken